Each year SurveyConnect collects and reports out on the objectives and uses of 360-degree feedback processes in organizations.
We have opened up the survey for 2016. If you (or any of your colleagues) would like to help with the research, please go to: https://www.activesurvey.net/78activeview/login/login.cfm?sv=11
Selected results from 2015:
- When asked “What is the primary purpose of your 360 program?” about 62% of respondents said that they are used exclusively for development, 34% said that they were used for both development and decision-making, and 4% said they were used for decision-making only.
- Participants are generally asked to complete a Formal Action Plan. Action Plans have varied effectiveness, with 55% saying that the plans are Usually/Highly Effective, 44% saying Sometimes Effective and only 2% saying they were Rarely/Not Effective.
- 360 program feedback feeds into other HR organizational programs (succession-planning, mentoring and/or talent management) in over 70% of respondent organizations.
- Demographic or aggregate data is only used in about 49% of the organizations.
Organizations deploy 360s as a valuable tool to help participants increase strengths as well as improve performance in appropriate areas. The primary use of 360-degree feedback programs is for development purposes, and most organizations either request or require a Formal Action Plan. These Action Plans are most effective if there is motivation from the participant and follow-up from the participant, their manager, and the organization. While the 360-degree program strategy fits into the overall performance management of the organization on an individual level, there is more room for the analysis and use of 360-degree demographic data and trends to understand organizational issues, strengths and gaps.
For more detailed 2015 results, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 360-Degree Competencies and the Strengths-Based Culture
- 360 Degree Assessments and the Rise of Continuous Feedback
- Why Use a 360 Degree Assessment Consultant?
- 360 Feedback Programs in Organizations 2016
- 360 Feedback Programs in Organizations
- How to Design a 360 Degree Assessment
- The Change in 360 Feedback Content